Still looking for the perfect destination for your July wedding? Save up to $4000 on your July 2013 wedding at Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis Club. Extraordinary views for your vows. Request Info
Huckleberry-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Note: At the resort we use organic eggs, sugar, and hormone-free dairy
8 each egg yolks, large
¾ c. sugar
½ pinch of salt
2 ½ c. heavy cream
1 ½ c. milk
1 each vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 ½ c. wild huckleberries, well drained
1. In a bowl, whisk together the yolks, sugar and salt.
2. In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream, 1 cup of the milk and the scraped vanilla bean. Heat over medium-high heat until just at a boil. Slowly pour the hot liquid into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Return to saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour in the remaining ½ cup of milk and strain.
3. Chill in an iced water bath or under refrigeration for 4 hours
4. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Gently fold in drained huckleberries and place in freezer to set, at least 2 hours